Are you someone who wakes in the morning feeling like you would long for the day when you could bounce out of bed following a WOW nights sleep?
Its time to take charge!
Firstly, what are you doing before you go to bed? Are you sitting in front of a screen watching bright flickering lights sipping on copious amounts of coffee? Whether it be watching a movie or working on your computer finishing off your work load from the day or planning tomorrows events. It’s all stimulation in excess! How do you expect to really have a good nights sleep? Or are you looking outside and blaming your situation or others, making excuses? Now is the time to be honest with yourself and take charge!
Follow these 5 simple steps!
- Turn off the screens and dim the lights, find a comfortable space. A simple short calming yoga practice to begin with may help set the scene. Otherwise sit or lie down free from distractions, close your eyes or have a soft gaze. Bring your awareness to your breath. Follow the sensations of the natural flow of the breath, each inhale and exhale. If that monkey jumps on in uninvited send him on his way and come back to the breath.
- Follow the natural flow of the breath for a few breaths noticing any changes, sensations or calming effects. Then, as the inhalation is stimulating allow it to continue in the natural flow, remembering we are wanting to calm the beast not excite. Now slowly extend the exhale for a few breaths which is calming and relaxing as you observe any changes.
- Feel the lightness in your body as you begin to relax. Visualisation may help if you are a visual person. Using the lightness, imagine you are floating off on a cloud, feather or floaty down a gentle stream, whatever feels good for you.
- You may be an auditory person and find you need to repeat a Mantra which is a sound, word or phrase. Whatever you choose make it positive and calming, we want to have that WOW nights sleep don’t we!
- A guided meditation or a self guided scan through your body may be another alternative to try. It’s only a matter of giving something a go and if you get lost we can help you!
There are numerous reasons to consider as to why you’re not sleeping well and a trip to your friendly doctor may be in order?
Don’t give up, there are so many methods to tame the beast and set the scene for a WOW nights sleep!
Need help to put it all together?
Please call Robyn on 0417762012 or email me on [email protected]